Nervous system and steroids
Director : Michael Schumacher
– Synthesis, metabolism and actions of steroid hormones and neurosteroids ;
– Functions of the translocator protein ;
– Hormone-dependent neuroprotective mechanisms after ischemic brain injury ;
– Analysis and profiling of steroids by gas chormatography-tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS) ;
– Epigenetic regulation of gene expression in neural and steroidogenic cells ;
– Genetic code expansion by unnatural amino acids;
– Intranasal delivery of small molecule.
– Demyelinating and dysmyelinating diseases of the central nervous system ;
– Developmental myelination and myelin regeneration ;
– Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling in myelination and myelin regeneration ;
– The role of steroid hormones and neurosteroids in myelin formation ;
– Communication between neurons and glial cells ;
– Gene therapy and adeno-associated viral vectors ;
– Aneurismal malformations.
Targeted therapies for neuropathies
Director : Liliane Massade
– siRNA therapy for peripheral neuropathies: basic, translational and clinical research ;
– Nanocarriers for siRNA and small neuroprotective molecules ;
– Combination of microsurgery and small molecule therapy (steroids and TSPO ligands) for promoting peripheral nerve regeneration ;
– Labelled “team of excellence” by the LabEX NanoSaclay
– « National reference center for familial amyloid polyneuropathy and other rare neuropathies“
– Partnership with Beijing Tiantan Hospital.
– New genes and mechanisms involved in neurodevelopmental disorders ;
– Whole exome and next generation sequencing. Bioinformatic analysis ;
– Patient recruitment from 3 National Reference Centers ;
– Tau homeostasies, microtubules and neurodegenerative diseases ;
– Study of gene functions and signaling mechanisms in the zebra fish model. CRIPSPR/Cas9 technology ;
– miRNA biology and expression analysis ;
– Partnership with the Institut Baulieu.